Tuesday 13 November 2012

My Favourite Products at the Moment

Hello hello!

I know I'm not the only one guilty of buying something based purely on its smell, so I just wanted to do a little post listing a few of the best smelling products I'm loving at the moment.

The Body Shop - Chocomania Body Butter

 I Bought this little gem a while back when The Body Shop launched their Chocomania collection and regretfully I've only just got around to trying it. It smells amazing! And I didn't believe it was possible but it unleashes its full potential when you put it on. As with all of The Body Shop's body butters, the scent is deliciously distinct and lingers on your skin all day without being over powering! It just gently reminds you its there throughout the day. It smells like... well, chocolate! But to be a little more specific its closer to chocolate fudge brownie and has a little bit of a spicier hint to it. The consistency is probably the only thing that lets this down for me. When I started using it, it was like trying to chip into an ice block... and if anyone with long nails has tried to do this with body butter before, you will undoubtedly know it can be somewhat unpleasant! But that aside, it's totally worth delving into in my books! I can't wait to try the rest of the range!

Soap and Glory - Sugar Crush Body Buttercream



I do not know where this sprang from!
I was innocently wondering through Boots trying to get some Christmas shopping done, then amongst the Sanctuary gift sets and Jamie Oliver soup bowls, I glanced up and there it was. Just sat on a shelf. With a strange yellow stripe. A special edition? A re-release? After looking like I'd found the grail for a few minutes I picked it up and gave it a sniff. I can say with all honesty that it's one of the BEST things I have ever smelt. One thing I've always loved about Soap and Glory is their unique smelling products. They manage to make everything smell like sugar! And for some reason though I was really surprised by this new range, it brought a smile to my face because it's fits so well with the other ranges. To try and describe it, it smells like sugar. Sugar and lemon. If it was a food I think it would be along the lines of a lemon cheesecake. It is described as a 'Buttercream' which is really easy to apply and I'm not afraid to drive my fingers in! It has a white, whipped consistency which smooths into skin and smells so lovely! I have noticed the smell isn't as strong or long lasting as The Righteous Butter, but the smell overall is a lot nicer! Again, my only criticism is that it doesn't sink into the skin very well and getting dressed was a bit of a trail, but I'm defiantly going to persevere and experiment with different amounts to see if that helps! 

Yankee Candle - Vanilla Cupcake Wax Tart

This makes the flat smell like cupcakes! Or as my boyfriend so kindly put it "Girl".
Every penny spent on Yankee Candle, for yourself or for a present, is money well spent! The smell is always amazing, even before they start to burn. I can't really say much more about this one! Fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments x